1.09.2012

Recipe Roundup

Hey gals,

So the interview went very well.  I felt comfortable with all the questions and I feel like they responded to me well, should hear something in a few days.  Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm will be quite the adjustment but might bring some "normalcy" to our lives.

Wanted to chat about some new recipes I've tried lately.  My Mother in law got me this cookbook for Christmas:


It's full of a ton of recipes that I can't wait to try!!  I've made a meatloaf and a pasta dish so far and can't wait to try some more.  Weight Watcher recipes have come a long way even since I've been doing it on and off for the last few years.   How about this one from the 70's:

Doesn't that look delicious haunting?!  I'm so thankful for recipes that actually taste good and can work well with the Weight Watchers program.

Another great place that I've found for a lot of recipes is this website:  Skinny Taste.  I know I've linked her site before but I seriously can't get enough of this website.  Everyday it seems, there's a new recipe posted and every one I've tried has been great!

These are some of our favorites:

Thai Chicken & Pineapple Stirfry (Little spicy, beware!)


Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice (make this with the Barbacoa Pork and some black beans, yum!)

Crockpot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili (almost feels like cheat night served over whole wheat noodles)

Roasted Potatoes, Chicken, and Sausage (One dish wonder, easy peasy, and a hit!)

Autumn Penne Pasta with Sauteed Brussel Sprouts (Even better leftover, a great way to sneak brussel sprouts into your diet!)

Last one from Skinny Taste: Tuscan White Beans with Spinach and Shrimp

Okay, I should stop now because it's not really listing my favorites if I list every recipe on her website.

Veggie burgers and roasted vegetables have been a staple at our house lately.  I haven't found a vegetable that I don't like roasted yet.  Broccoli, Squash, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Brussel Sprouts, Onion, Carrots, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, you name it, you can roast it!  Just turn up your ovens to 400 degrees, pop in your cut up veggies that you sprayed with cooking spray, roast for 10 minutes, toss, then cook an additional 10 minutes.  Easy and delicious!

Veggie Burger with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and a bit of Bleu Cheese= 6 points!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the WW recipes. I am trying to get better about trying new things on a more regular rotation. Hearing positive feedback from others helps me with that :)

Lisa D. in FLA