- My best friend delivered her first baby, a healthy baby girl on October 25 of last year. Hailee was born by c-section and in a too good to be true coincidence I was able to be there for her delivery! My middle name is Hailee and I can't tell you the tears that were present when her husband came out of the operating room and said "It's a girl! Her name is Hailee!"
- Baron and I hosted Thanksgiving in our home for both our parents this past year. I've always had dreams of having Thanksgiving in our home and was so excited to finally be able to do that. Granted we ate at the bar while two of us stood at the kitchen sink, but it was great! Hopefully next year we'll have a table big enough for all of us.
- On the last day of my parents' visit we got a phone call that my uncle (my mom's brother) had passed away. He had a lot of struggles throughout his lifetime and I'm thankful that he is finally at peace. My parents left the next day in order to get arrangments made for his service.
- We had a wonderful first Christmas in our new house. I may have gone a little overboard with decorations but I was so excited to finally have a home (and a MANTLE!) to decorate.
- A few days after Christmas I went home to Florida for a trip for a whirlwind trip of less than 72 hours. I'm getting pretty good at those whirlwind trips! I wanted to visit my best friend and her little girl before my friend's maternity leave was over. I absolutely loved seeing my friend as a mom. She's doing a wonderful job and just looked like such a natural. We went shopping at an outlet mall halfway between where my parents live and where my friend lives so my parents met us there for lunch and shopping. My friend told me that her feelings wouldn't be hurt if I stayed with my parents for my last night and she told me that she just felt like "I should". So after tearful goodbye's I headed off with my parents. That night my mom and I ended up taking my grandmother to the emergency room because she was in so much pain. 6 hours, a bunch of tests, and some pain medicine later, we found out that her cancer had returned with a vengance. I went to bed at 4am that day and was up at 7 in order to catch my flight back to Alabama. When I got off the plane and into my husband's arms, I never felt so far away from "home".
- My grandma had a major stroke on Sunday and has been in the intensive care unit ever since. They are trying to decide whether to send her to a rehab center or hospice. She's not herself anymore and is in a lot of pain. I hurt for my mom who is trying to figure all this out on her own. Again, I feel like I am so far away.
- Next month I am finally going PRN at my job, meaning I can work as little as six shifts every two months or as much as full time if I wish. I've always said that it's that third day that kills you so I told the scheduling person to put me two days a week for now and we'll see how it goes. To say that I'm excited is an understatement!
- Baron is doing well, he's been busy at work and hasn't had at all over the past few months. He's still enjoying his job. I'm so proud of him and all of his hard work.
- Baron told me about a year ago that he wanted to go to Hawaii for our second anniversary. I was totally on board but a little hestitant about spending a bunch of money. After all, we were about to close on our home when he first brougth this up. He told me that he wanted to pay for our trip using credit card miles. I thought to myself, "Maybe we'll make it by our 15th anniversary, there's no way we'll be able to get enough miles to get to Hawaii." About a month ago Baron told me we had enough miles to get there...first class...and we'd only have to pay twenty bucks for taxes and fees! Obviously when you buy a house, you spend a lot of money. A painful amount of money. But Baron used his smarts to work it out a little in our favor and use the right cards in order to get us tickets to paradise. Way to go, hubby! And I guess we can thank our refridgerator, washer and dryer, living room furniture, bedroom furniture, fence company, etc. It's nice to get a little "reward" for spending all of our money on our new house.
- Our trip to Hawaii is in May and I'm very excited! I've been playing with our camera a little more, trying to figure out the settings and even...gasp...Manual mode! I want to document our trip, it will be an exciting getaway!
- In honor of all my camera practice, I give you, a photo dump:
|A few weeks ago, we had a significant amount of snow (for these Florida people!)|
|Loved this rainbow we found :)|
I hope to keep my little neck of the blog world more up to date than I have been, but who knows. Maybe you'll hear from me tomorrow, maybe in a year or so! I love to be able to look back at our lives and see what we've done, things we've been through, and lessons we've learned.