2.11.2013

Grandma Bunny

I guess I'll just jump right in.  My Grandma was moved to an inpatient Hospice facility late Thursday night.  The nurses told my Mom to expect about another week before she would pass.  Her first day at Hospice was horrible. She was very agitated, upset, in pain, and probably very confused.  My only prayer for her was for peace.  I know she is dying and as bad as it sounds I would like it to be soon because she is so miserable.  The next day was much better.  Although she isn't eating, drinking, or able to converse with anyone, she rested much better.  I ask you all for your prayers for her to continue to be at peace and comfortable until she passes.  They are telling my Mom that it will be very soon.

I ask for your prayers for my Mom too.  She's doing this all on her own, as her only brother passed away in November (in a terrible coincidence, it was on my Mom's birthday).   My Dad is a wonderful man and has been my Mom's rock during this time. When my Mom is upset and can't be in my Grandmother's room for a bit, he sits with her and talks to her for hours.  My Mom has told me that she doesn't want me to come to Florida right now.  I have mixed emotions because I want to be there for my Mom, but I've decided to listen to her advice and stay put.  I'll probably travel down to Florida after my Grandma passes just to spend some time with my Mom and Dad.  When I went to Florida after Christmas, I said my goodbyes to my Grandma.  I had a strong feeling that it would be the last time that I ever saw her, so I made sure she knew how much I loved her.  I am at peace with my relationship with my Grandma. 

My Grandma at my age...beautiful!

My Grandma and I at my bridal shower- April 2011

I ask for your prayers for my family.  We will get through this and be okay, because I know my Grandma will be whole again in just a few short days.  I know I will see her again.  My own selfishness causes me to want her to stay here with us, but I know that what's best is for to go be with Jesus now.  I ask for prayers for my parents.  My Grandma has no other family left besides my Mom, my brother, a cousin in Texas, and myself.  My Grandma has a large network of friends and as you know, sometimes people don't act they way that we do when they are grieving.  Would you pray that people would respect my Mom and the fact that it is her mother that she is losing? 


No comments: