3.08.2012

Big News!

Hi friends!  I've got quite the update for you guys today.  There are so many exciting things happening for us right now that I know will swirl the calm waters of our lives for months to come.

No, we're not having a baby.

Actually, I am having lots of them, but not Baron.  Weird, right??  Not really because, you guys, I am going to be a labor and delivery nurse again!!  When I wrote this post in August, I had no idea that six months later I still wouldn't have a job.  After searching high and low and submitting application after application with no bites, it got me a little down.  I only had one bite and had an interview at a doctor's office that I wasn't terribly excited about, a few months ago.  I was terribly conflicted after I left the interview because I really wasn't feeling it, so I prayed that they wouldn't call and offer me the job.  Well they must have picked up on my vibe, because they never called.

I now see exactly why all these doors have been shut right in front of me.  Why I get e-mail after e-mail about how they chose another candidate, they had already filled the position, I didn't have the experience they were looking for, blah, blah, blah.

On Monday afternoon I got a call from the Nurse Manager at a hospital in my town, she wanted me to come in for an interview the following day at 1.  The interview went well and I met with about six nurses from the unit and really liked their personalities and the feel of the unit.  At six o'clock that night I received a call from the manager and she said that she wanted to offer me the position. Say what?!  I went from having absolutely no prospects to having secured a job in about 26 hours.  Okay God, I hear you! This is where I'm supposed to be! :)

The best part? It's a PRN position, which means as needed.  After working full time for one year I'll go PRN and be able to work basically whenever I want to.  There is a minimum shift amount that I'll have to work and I can work as much as up to full time, whatever works for my schedule.  How great is that?!

I am so, so excited to get back into my old thing.  To do what I do best and get back to where I feel like I'm making a difference in this world.  Of course I'm nervous beyond belief too, but with the way everything worked out I have no doubt that God has placed me here in the position and that it will be okay!

House Update:
In other news, right after getting called about the interview on Monday, Baron and I headed to our lot to see if any action had been done on our house.  Much to our surprise, they had broken ground!!

Our lot has been scraped!

Rebar for our storm shelter!
What an exciting Monday it was! After my interview on Tuesday, I was mentally exhausted and mulling things over in my head when Baron and I headed back down to the lot again.  What did we find?? More progress!!

Concrete footing for our foundation
As we were exploring the outline of our house my phone rang.  I didn't recognize the number at first so I wasn't going to answer it and then it clicked.  It was the hospital!  I answered and when I heard the voice of the Nurse Manager that I had just met with earlier that day, I teared up.  She offered me the position and we spoke briefly about my next steps. When I hung up I jumped up and down and told Baron that I was a labor and delivery nurse again!!  It was surreal to be watching our new home being built while I got the call about my new job.  Lots of things happening for sure!

Last night we didn't have a chance to get to the lot until it was dark, but we still went!  We were impressed that they had already started laying cinder blocks for the foundation.  It's all going so fast!

Our future garage

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!  I'm heading to the hospital today to get some paperwork out of the way and then prepping for my parents' visit tomorrow!  This week has become a lot more crazy than I thought it would be.  Such is life, right?!

Be blessed friends!

6 comments:

Shrimp and Glitz said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! :) How fun to see little new borns everyday!

Kristy said...

SO excited for you! I know the exciting feeling, and it's just so amazing to feel like you have a job you love an you have meaning to your days! Plus job hunting sucks!

Good luck!

agalandherdog said...

Congratulations on the new job! I worked as a PRN telemetry clerk/nursing station secretary all through college and it was the best gig ever getting to make my own schedule!

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for you :) New job, new home, so much to look forward to!! :)

Jane said...

First congrats on your new job!! That sounds so perfect! I'm really trying to figure out my job situation too. I want to work part time because I want to still be able to take care of the house and all the wifely stuff. But, a meaningful part time job is hard to come by. Congratulations!

And yay for the progress on the house! That is so exciting! And, it looks like you are going to be in a beautiful neighborhood when all is said and done.

Julie said...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!